Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Football Association - Screwing Up English Football Since 1863

Tonight I'm going to ramble on about my love for England. Yes for some crazy reason I love our football team, don't ask me why because they are all a bunch of overpaid prances who like to disappoint and let us all down over and over again but I have not missed an England match since Euro 1996. Its annoying supporting your country and to be honest you should never be shocked or surprised in the spectacular ways they let you down but I was born English so that's who I will support for all my sins. It could be worst I could have been born Scottish.

In 43 days time Euro 2012 kicks off. Will England win it? Not a chance. Anything is possible in football. Greece won Euro 2002 against all the odds, Liverpool won the Champions League against all the odds and Chelsea got to the final of the Champions League last night again against all the odds. Will England win the Euros against all the odds? Not a chance in hell!

The FA have done a lot of stupid things down the years. They have only just started to sort out youth development which has led to us falling so far behind the other nations, we are 10-20 years behind the best countries. They put Capello on a four year contract and when they want to sack him they can't as it will cost too much (did they never learn after what happened with Sven) money! Also back in the 70's they refused to appoint Brian Clough when he was at his peak as he was too controversial for The Fa.

Euro 2012 tournament kicks off in 43 days and England don't have a manager, Fabio and FA parted company in February and over two months later we still don't have a replacement. I mean what are these fools playing at? The common reasoning seems to be that we should write this tournament off and concentrate on Brazil 2014. That is ridiculous in itself. First you need to qualify and that is never guaranteed  with England and two when it gets closer to the time there is bound to be a scandal in the media ready to undermine us or a metatarsal or two . You should always go into every match/tournament wanting to win and do your best. I mean who wants to be second best? I don't.

The English FA really are the biggest bunch of collective idiots to have ever existed. Why have they not approached Redknapp, Hodgson, Pearce, Hoddle or Venables etc etc etc (I'm going English as that's what I'm guessing the manager is likely to be) are they scared of upsetting the clubs? Ruining their season? Do they care? There's some managers above who I don't want near the job at all but The Fa need to sort this out. They need to name their man, start talks with the said man/club and work things out. We need to plan and get ready for the tournament. Give it a go and do our best. A lot of fans will spend a lot of money going to Pokraine and they don't need another let down like South Africa.

To me if the FA was a person it would be some rich toff lord of the manor Pratt, someone who wants to do everything proper and never upset anyone by always following protocol. Do you know what I think? Who gives a damn. The day after Capello resigned the FA board should have drawn up a short list and then approached the people interested, interview them and offer it to the appropriate person so the planning could be begin. Who cares if they upset Daniel Levy or any other club chairman. To me country comes first and we should be doing our best to do our best and that is The FA job isn't it? Not to undermine us.

All in all, come the tournament when we all have our flags on cars, I'll be in the pub for the first game with my pint, in my England shirt singing god save the queen just hoping and praying The FA don't stop us doing a Greece.

C ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment