Sunday 1 April 2012

Exercise! The Gym eludes me again!

This is my second ever blog, my first in about almost 6 years when I freaked out after my Mrs went to university and I thought we would break up. It may exist still, it may not but I'm sure its out their in Internet land somewhere.

Will anyone read or comment on this who knows because hell I don't, I thought it would be fun give me a chance to write some thoughts down and a chance to improve my English. That will be the first thing you all notice that my writing skills are not very good, my wife she is always telling me the proper way to write things which can be annoying but for a guy with a C in English at GCSE and an E in English at A Levels I should be a lot better but in all likeliness I'm just another victim of the supposed dropped standards in teaching or just a lack of writing in every day life which has meant skills learned are soon forgotten due to lack of practice.

What will this blog be about? Really it will be me, my thoughts, my life and my opinions. I will try and do two blogs a week. One certainly at the weekend and one during the week if I have the time.

What I really wanted to talk about today was the gym, yes we all know we should exercise for at least 30 minutes a day as per government guidelines which is part of the change 4 life program. Me and the gym have a bit of hot and cold relationship where I go through phases with it, one month I'm going every other day the next I'm not going at all. The reason for this is I get bored of it after a while it gets boring and I need to do something else to keep my motivation levels up. The gym does try to keep me interested they have TVs so I can watch Home & Away, Top Gear, Pointless etc but even that after a while stops working. I just find doing the same exercise over and over to be a bit monotonous after a while and ill temporarily lose interest.

So what do I like about the gym? Good question people and here is the answer you all deserve! When I go to the gym, I feel more alive, more alert, I feel I work better, think better and generally makes me feel happier mentally and physically which is a good thing and as I ever get closer to being 30 I feel health and fitness gets ever more important so I can try and avoid health problems which a bit of exercise can hopefully help you avoid.

So what have will I do to try and avoid this vicious circle? Well I have made the decision this morning to incorporate some swimming into my exercise regime, I have ordered some swimming goggles from the Internet (last time I swam the chlorine destroyed my eyes!) so I can go 1 - 2 times a week, go gym 1 - 2 a week as well and if I can find a squash partner I wouldn't mind giving that a go again as I used to love playing that (not so much the losing as I sucked) when I was a bit younger. I will also check out the fitness class's that are available at the gym and look at doing one of those.

As you can see variety is the spice of life, keep things mixed up, don't always do the same things and follow the same pattern if I can keep my routine varied I will likely find I can keep my self interested for longer and retain my motivation.

Hope you all enjoyed, happy 4 day working week!!!

C ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment