Wednesday 4 April 2012

Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

Last night while putting the bins out I saw my neighbour who we will call David in a huff getting a little shirty with his neighbour who lives to the other side of him and for this story we will call him Nick pointing angrily at his house, I said hello to David but he ignored me and carried on pointing at his house and telling the man to come in so he could share his supposed grievance.

Literally two minutes later, David knocked on my door. David proceeded to ask if I heard the music over the weekend, I said I hadn't but being married I do have selective hearing. David was telling me Nick has recently split up with his partner (who will call Miriam) and decided to have party's going on to about 3 in the morning on both Friday and Saturday night. David was really worked up, agitated and a little angry which we can all understand and due to a lack of sleep and he had snapped when the music started again at about 7 on a Tuesday evening. Living in a row of terraces sometimes you hear more than you would like and you need to be a little considerate about other people and consider what is reasonable. When David marched Nick into the house Nick denied having a party with loud music but did admit to having one planned for the up coming weekend!

My question to the wider world is what can possess someone to be so inconsiderate and selfish, don't people think before they act, there's loads of clubs and pubs which could cater for Nicks desires over the weekend and it would have given David two decent night sleeps.

I also feel that people don't talk enough these days, in my Grandparents time neighbours used to talk all the time, help each other out and if they had an issue they would talk to each other! On the way home from work tonight on the radio they were saying about an 8 year old boy was told off by the police for kicking a ball too loudly against his neghbours wall in the back garden during the school holidays! Why couldn't the person in question have spoken to the neighbour and tried to sort it out, their grievance could be reasonable for example they could be ill and sleep during the day but a simple knock at the door surely would have been better! I do feel people are too suspicious about one another these days and think the worst in one another.

Well that is me done for the week, i'll be back Monday!

Happy 4 day weekend people!

C ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment