Monday 27 August 2012

Things that wind me up!

Today I'm going to talk about a few things that wind me up, nothing major just a few little bug bears!

The first one is my neighbour, you see my neighbour loves curtains. He also loves blinds. In fact he loves to look at them so much he never opens them!!! For some reason I find this really irritating even more so in this hot weather. Unless he is a vampire I forgive him. But seriously since the lad moved in just over two years ago he has not once opened any curtain or blind to let any light in! This shouldn't irritate me but it does! Why wouldn't you open the damn things to let a bit of light in from time to time?

Next is call centres where you have to speak what you want rather than press an option! This winds me up 200%. I dial a number, I then press a button and should get through to the right department, sounds simple right.  Well some bright spark somewhere decided it would be good if we could vocally say what we want, to make our lives that little but more complicated and annoying, and you know what it bloody works! You say for example life insurance and you end up getting Colin in customer relations. I mean how does that work, the two options don't even sound the same. This then results in me making my mind up that the company wont be getting my business as they are obviously trying to appeal to idiots.

New potatoes! Maybe random but in my house it's just my wife and I and from time to time I fancy some new potatoes, especially in the summer. However, everyone and everywhere sells them in massive bags! As there is only two of us we don't always finish the bag and they usually end up getting wasted. I don't like to throw food out as it's a massive waste and when you consider people go hungry its not really right, but if someone at one of the big supermarkets is reading this can you please put your new potatoes out individually so I only pick out what I want so I then don't end up throwing food out. Thanks.

The Sun. No i don't mean that big yellow ball in the sky I mean that daily newspaper. I hate it. I don't mean to offend anyone but as far as I'm concerned the paper is aimed at simple people. I don't like what they they stand for which is sensationalist news, celebrity gossip and generally jumping on band wagons, I could go into more detail but I would be whinging all day and night.

British News. Since the Olympics has finished and I do realise it was like this before but the news is so gloomy and depressing. We have the recession, Greece and the Euro, train fares, petrol prices, falling house prices, GCSE marking screw up. No wonder everyone is so depressed as all the media concentrate on is the negative, I mean why don't they start telling me I have more money and my life is perfect if they say it enough it will convince people to go and spend more money. Might get the country out of this recession.

Lastly cold callers wind me up. If you go to one of my earlier blogs you will see a little more but recently the AA called me trying to save me some money on some cover. First they call me while I'm eating! Come on how do they know when I'm eating it happens every time and secondly they are not going to save me money as they plan to get me to sign up for something I don't currently have which will cost me more money!

Rant over!

C ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment